Sunday, March 17, 2013

Making time for me


I came home from the gym one night and thought to myself, I missed putting my kids to bed tonight. Was it really worth it? Then I thought to myself, the kids need they're mom, and If I don’t take care of me I won’t be around. 
What are they going to remember; One night a week away from them, or a mom who is able to care for her grandchildren one day.
Please don’t misunderstand me. My husband was home to put them to bed. If my kids are sick I will skip the gym and tend to they’re needs. My family always comes first.
On Weight Watchers nights, my husband takes the kids to the library. Not only do they get quality time with Dad, but they are learning at the same time.
In addition, I am teaching my kids how to live a healthy life. I was not raised in an active home. I want to show my kids, this is what you need to do when you are grown up.
Time management and planning are huge keys in success. Making the time to exercise, time to plan meals, time to grocery shop, and time to cook are all very important.
It feels good to finally make time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment